Regular Dog Grooming
Dog grooming is very important. There are several fundamental issues that are involved with successfully dog grooming and maintaining your dog in peak condition. These issues include preparation for dog grooming, how to bathe your dog, what to watch for while using clippers, looking after his nails, dental hygiene and more.
Dog grooming keeps your dog clean, healthy and manageable, as well as preventing yeast infections caused by matted hair, periodontal disease caused by uncared for teeth, ear infections from excessive buildup of wax, dirt and bacteria, etc. This article covers basic dog grooming tips and ways to make the process more pleasant for everyone involved.
Handling and Preparation for Dog Grooming
Dog grooming can also be a good way to bond with your dog. If you manage to regularly play with and handle your dog as a puppy, there are far lesser chances of problems cropping up later on in your dog’s life especially with regards to dog grooming.
This is because dog grooming invariably calls for a human (either you or someone else in your family or even someone at a pet grooming parlor) to take care of this aspect for your pet.Dog grooming practice can be more easy by dog behavior tips.
Another important factor that is a prerequisite for successful dog grooming is your dog’s ability to obey the stand, sit and stay commands. Using these commands when you are grooming your dog is also a great way to ensure that your authority is reinforced.
Picking Up Warning Signs Early in Dog Grooming
Dog Grooming no doubt is all about keeping your dog looking his best at all times. After all, who likes an unkempt, smelly dog?
There however are more vital reasons why regular grooming sessions must be carried out for your pet. Not only is this a chance to interact with your dog and improve your bonding with him, but also a chance to scrutinize him carefully for any signs of impending ailment or any other health disorder. Through regular dog grooming, you will be able to notice any warning signs that there may be something wrong with your dog.
Make it special by dog grooming tips:
Start your dog grooming sessions as soon as you bring your dog home.
Why should we …?
- Dog grooming time is quality time you spend with your dog.
- Always make dog grooming fun for your dog with lots of praise, treats and toys.
- Dog grooming helps you keep a check on those ticks and foreign particles, which can be extremely painful for your pet.
- Brushing helps in dematting, stimulating blood flow and has a positive effect on the overall health of your pooch which is motive of dog grooming.
Take good care of your dog……..
- Eye care: dog grooming includes cleansing your dog’s eyes with a damp cotton wool to remove any dirt, mucus, etc.
- Ear care: If your dog has long ears; ensure their water bowls have narrow mouths so that when they drink water the ears fall out of the bowl and don’t get damp with water.. Dog grooming is one of your dog’s basic needs.Face care: Wash dog’s face everyday to make him look and feel clean.
- Paw care: Make it a habit to clean his paws every time he comes back from a walk. Also check for any foreign particles, ticks or fleas between his paws.
- Dental care: Brush his teeth regularly to keep them shining and tartar-free.
- Dog grooming refers to both the hygienic care and cleaning of a dog.
It might take a little time to master these dog grooming tips, but it is going to be worth all.